Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How Did I Get Here?

So I guess this means I've got a blog. I wasn't setting out to have a blog. I was just avoiding the mountains of paperwork that I routinely avoid by goofing around on the computer and then wandering around the house randomly tidying things (different from decluttering--much to the Mr.'s chagrin). But I've been reading some inspiring blogs from on-line friends (hey, I've met some of them IRL so I think the friend title applies) and I got to thinking it would be a nice way to make some form and sense of my days. Baby Z is taking a long nap--so why the heck not try it out?

I have been thinking of that Talking Heads song a lot lately "This is not my beautiful house/This is not my beautiful wife" etc. Where we live feels a lot like Stepford sometimes and I do ponder--between bottles and diapers and time outs--how I ended up with exactly this life. I'm not sure it's the one I set out to have. Actually, I'm very sure in many ways it's not. How happy would I be in the life I thought I wanted? Can we end up somewhere we think we had no intention of getting to--yet the steps we took along the way have added up to this?

And since my days are organized, it seems, by sleep--who sleeps, when, where, for how long, how early or how late--I need to go. The end of the nap calls. Welcome to my world.

2 comments:

Candy Noseisnumb said...

he he, that song is my tag line...
welcome to the world of blogging. may yours not make you feel guilty, like mine does.

Anonymous said...

Poppy,
now that you have a blog you need to update it :)

insaneasamombrain