Wednesday, April 25, 2007

House

Latest update, for those concerned (or interested, or midly interested).

* Paint colors are coming along. The Mr. said today "gee, there's a lot to do with paint colors, huh?" To which I replied "would you like the job?"

The dining room is sporting a dark chocolate brown (Benjamin Moore Affinity collection "Kona") which we'll go with. The day-glo aqua just wasn't doing it for me in Miss Z's room, so I decided to put the blue in there we're using in our bedroom (I'll look up the color name and get back to you--but it's another Affinity color. They're gorgeous). I think a pale blue in there will be charming and, very important, soothing.

Still working on a color for the guest room. If you think you might someday be a guest, chez Poppy, then log on and cast a vote. I got nuthin' so far.

* Tile flooring is almost done in the basement and looks great. Tile is going on in the bathrooms. I'm having a very low-level freak out about the countertops I chose for the basement bath and the kids' bath, but it will probably all be fine when it comes together.

* Landscaping is supposed to start in two weeks. Oy. I know nothing about gardening. I need to get an opinion soon.

* I chose the pavers for the driveway yesterday--McNear "cobblestone" in charcoal/grey. Hope they look alright once they're in.

That's it. A bit dull, but what the heck.

No comments: